Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Great 'Forgotten' Thrillers: Prelude

Whoa. What happened there? Almost a whole month without a blog post? Well, what can I say? It's simply inexcusable, I know. Anyway, I'm here now so let's move on.

So. Great 'Forgotten' Thrillers. What's that about? you ask. And what's with the inverted commas around the word 'forgotten'?

Well, it's really very simple. I was thinking about what to write for my next long-awaited post and as I did, I happened to take a look at my bookshelf and thought, That's it! I'll post about those thriller novels I love, but that for one reason or another haven't really lodged themselves in readers' consciousness. Could be because they went out of print not long after publication. Or it could be because the author in question wrote other, far more popular, books that overshadowed these ones. Could be any reason, really. But over the coming months I'll be talking about the ones that stuck with me.

Now I've made a prospective list in my notebook so I think it's only fair I give you a small preview of what's in store. I won't post the titles yet, but I will tease you with some of the author names. Coming up we've got offerings from such diverse talents as: William H. Hallahan, Joel Townsley Rogers, Ted Lewis, Roderick Thorp, Gavin Lyall, Dan Marlowe. And we've also got some big names too, such as Goldman, Levin, Gallagher, and Bachman. And that's just a sample.

Not too shabby, huh?

So I'll keep this one short. Next post will be in a day or two (promise!) and it's a good 'un from that forgotten thriller master from the seventies: Tony Kenrick.

Be here!

No comments:

Post a Comment